Visting Older Posts: 2015 New Year's Reading Resolution

 


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   It's always fun to travel back in time and see past writings. It shows you how you have progressed as a writer. It also shows you what ideas were successful.

   Let's check out an article from December 30, 2015.

Photograph by Xepherus Studios. All rights reserved.

    There it is. That pile of unread books that still haunt your bookcases. They taunt you, saying that you will never read them. Are they true? Or will you change your ways, and give them their due audience? 

  In 2016 I planned to be a bit strict with my reading habits. Let's see how these plans work and maybe they can help you, as well.

  1. Take seven books that I began and never finished out of my bookcase. (This worked well, culminating in 50 books read. By choosing a small lot of books, I focused better. I added 3 DNF'd books at a time and 4 new reads.)
  2. Set my TBR next to my bed standing up between bookends on my nightstand. (This worked somewhat. I did find myself losing interest in what I chose when new releases came out. But I did maintain at least 5 at a time on my nightstand.)
  3. Make sure I have bookmarks spaced in the last section I read. (This may be a typo. What I did was place tabs at every 100 pages to mark my progress, which worked well. I still use this process.)
  4. If these books have audiobooks, I will download them to my phone for easy access. (I always make sure I have my audiobooks downloaded to my phone.  Always download the book. Streaming may not work in certain areas.)
  5. I will take one book and promise to read at least thirty pages a night. (This almost always never happens. I read a lot more than 30 pages.)
  6. I will take earphones with me in case I can listen to my audiobooks while traveling or walking. (This is always my plan and I encourage it. This helps if you are walking or on a crowded bus or train. Please be aware of your surroundings when walking, however.)
  7. After I am done with the seven books, I will begin the process again. (Yes, this worked in part. But I did keep changing out some of the books as new releases arrived. Nowadays I focus on 3 books at a time and always try to add a DNF'd book to the 3.)
   It is not easy to want to make reading plans and stick to them. But in the end, it is a great way to relax, deal with stress, or reward yourself after a hard working day. Get into reading and enjoy!

    Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund to help me publish my debut novel, please use the QR codes below. All donations are appreciated.





Or at Buy Me a Coffee 


      Also, I am a proud affiliate of Book of the Month. Check out their amazing selection and save by clicking above.

     

      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay, Pango Books, and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2024 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

BOTM logo is copyright by Book of the Month

Comments