Book Review Rewind: My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni

 



 Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Today marks the publication date of In Her Tracks by Robert Dugoni. It is the eighth book in his Tracy Crosswhite detective series. I have loved this series from day one. I decided to dig up some of my first reviews for this amazing series. Enjoy. 



   My Sister's Grave is written by Robert Dugoni, and is published by Thomas and Mercer, an Amazon imprint. In it, we are introduced to homicide detective, Tracy Crosswhite. Working out of Seattle, Washington, Tracy has seen her share of the horrors that the world has to offer. But nothing will ever match the search for her sister. Missing for over twenty years, Sarah Crosswhite's abduction and disappearance have haunted Tracy's every waking moment. The young woman had disappeared the night she drove home alone to their hometown of Cedar Grove.  A local man, Edmund House, remains incarcerated for the past two decades after his murder confession to Cedar's Grove's sheriff, Roy Calloway. And for those many years, Tracy has been suspicious that the evidence collected may have convicted an innocent man. The investigation has lost Tracy a career and a marriage, and in their place, she became a detective to find the truth. At long last, human remains are found at an abandoned development in Cedar Grove. Tests are conducted and the remains are identified as Sarah Crosswhite.

 After her sister's funeral, Tracy reunites with an old friend, Dan O'Leary, who has gone on to become a lawyer.  Tracy and Dan begin to unravel the events that led to Edmund House's arrest and conviction. More irregular evidence surfaces and Dan moves for a re-trial. This begins to rattle local authorities. But the question still remains: did Edmund House really kill Sarah Crosswhite? And if he did not, then who did? Tracy is once again in the cross-hairs of a killer, and the events of twenty years ago become deadlier.

  My Sister's Grave was a relentless piece of thrilling work. The story was taut, suspenseful, with a dash of action-adventure thrown in. Tracy Crosswhite became a new favorite character as I read this novel into the wee hours of the morning. Dugoni's narrative peppered real and false clues throughout, throwing me off course as I investigated alongside Tracy. I was thoroughly surprised by the twist ending, and it left me speechless. I particularly enjoyed Cedar Grove, which called up many small towns that I have either lived in or visited. Even left in a neglectful state I liked the community.

  I read this novel in part with the narration of actress, Emily Sutton-Smith. I enjoyed her work on other novels and was happy to return to another novel read by her. She did a great job delivering drama and emotion to her lines. And she added a great depth to the story's overall feel. I am happy she reads the other books in the series. For me, she is Tracy Crosswhite.

  My Sister's Grave lived up to the hype and surpassed my expectations. Robert Dugoni did a wonderful job weaving a mystery so tight, that when it unraveled it did so like a whip-shot. I gave this novel five out of five stars. I look forward to reading more from this series. Great Spring reading!  


Have fun reading this week. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.


     Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

  

 Because there is always time to read,

Xepherus3


  

 At eBayhttp://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios

At Goodreads: 
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

At Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/xepherusstudios/

At Mercarihttp://www.mercari.com/u/436393791

 

At RedBubblehttp://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3

At Twitterhttps://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

My Amazon Wish Listhttps://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2020/2021 by Thomas Bahr II


Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher

Comments