Tuesday Talks- Do You Read or Watch Reviews Before or After Reading a Book?



  Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

  For those of you who do not know about Tuesday Talks, this group is a Goodreads weekly discussion group created by Janie Johnson and her pal, Janelle. It is a very active group and is very fun to be a part of.

  This week's question is: Do You Read or Watch Reviews Before or After Reading a Book?

  I love reviews. Even though I may or may not agree with the opinions of a book. They are a fun way to connect with the book community. I am always reading reviews of my peers, and comparing them to other reviews. I read or watch reviews prior to or after I read a book. I love comparative reviews, because usually all reviews have a common link. 

  The diversity of readers that we have in our community is amazing. I have read reviews of books that I have never heard of. I like to use reviews to help me with my book choosing at times. Sometimes reviews make me love the book I am reading even more. The tricky part is audio books. Sometimes a narrator can kill a good story. I pay close attention to the reviews of the narrator, as well as listen to a snippet of their voice. That is how I found Lorelei King, Marc Thompson, Will Patton, and Jonathan Davis. I try to always make sure they are reading some of the books I choose. 

  A review can definitely be a powerful thing. That is why I choose to be as fair as possible when I review a book. Even if I dislike a book, I like to list the positives. An honest review is a service to the author and the reader.

  I look forward to reading everyone's answers. If you have a comment for me, please leave it below. 

    Because there is always time to read,
   Xepherus3 

At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content and Top logo (c) Copyright 2015 by Thomas Bahr II 


Comments