Subscription Box Addiction- January 2016 OwlCrate Review

Hello, Fellow Book Worms,

  I love subscription boxes and I love books. What better way to celebrate the two then to subscribe to a monthly book service! OwlCrate has been reviewed many times in the book community, and I have never heard anything but awesome feedback. I decided to join the many readers loving this service starting this month.

  Upon joining I was given a discount of 10% for my first order for being a new member. The box was about $32 (this includes shipping). I was also entered into a referral program that allows subscribers to earn free boxes by getting friends to subscribe. So far I was off to a great start.

This month's theme is MAGIC





  The box was large and very sturdy, with a lot of packing tape sealing it, which I appreciated. Sometimes subscription boxes do not sufficiently seal their boxes, which can sometime lead to damage. Upon opening it I was greeted by a tarot card with an owl on it announcing the box's theme and its contents.





     The first item I pulled out of the box was a Funko POP Vinyl figure of Albus Dumbledore, which was (dare I say) Adumbledorable! Owlcrate sent out five different characters to subscribers. I am very happy I received this POP Vinyl, he is a great addition to my POPs collection. He will be placed in my bookcase.





   The next item that I found was another Harry Potter-themed item that I was in desperate need of: lip balm. Called Patronus, it is a white chocolate and mint flavored balm. The texture was smooth and felt good on my lips with a taste that was pleasant with a hint of both flavors. 


  OwlCrate likes to include fun paper products in their boxes, and this box was no different. Included were a Raven Boys book mark, a code to receive a free digital book, and a quote from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas suitable for framing. 



   Since I did not read the spoiler card, I was unaware of what book was included this month. I found it wrapped in plastic on the bottom of the box, complete with a letter from the author and a paper doll set.



  The book is called Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley. It is a historical fantasy novel based on the lives of the Bronte sisters, Charlotte, Emily, Branwell, and Anne. In this novel we go into the minds of the famous sisters, and share in their fantasy worlds. I am a fan of historical fiction, which makes me anxious to read this novel. 

  I am very happy and impressed with this subscription. It was very well packed, housed a great selection of items, and the personal letter from the author made me want to read her book. I will be keeping this subscription box service for a while. Which means I better start reading down my TBR fast!

Check out OwlCrate at:

https://owlcrate.com/refer/Thoma-MAGZBWVS



Because there is always time to read,
Xepherus3

At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3
All written content and photos (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments