Top 5 Wednesday: Summer Reads

Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  Top 5 Wednesday is a awesome Goodreads Book run by moderators are YouTubers, Lainey (GingerReadsLainey) and Samantha (ThoughtsOnTomes). I enjoy how every week this group brings the book community together. Great fun!


  This week's question asks: What are your Top 5 
Summer Reads?

  For this one I picked five reads that I cannot wait to begin. Some are to be released soon.
  
  1.  Resurgence by Kerry Wilkinson- the Silver Blackthorn trilogy comes to a close with May 31st's release of the novel. I loved the first two books, Reckoning and Renegade, and raved about them to everyone who would listen, my readers included. It is the harrowing story of one teenage girl's defiance of a king and his brutality. And the rebellion she leads against him with the very children that he has harmed. The first two installments were page turners that often left me breathless.
  2.   The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling- with the eighth story being released on July 31 of this year, I need to catch up. I have only read the Prisoner of Azkaban many years ago, and now it is time to read them all. Even though I have seen the films, I feel that a book always tells the story much better. I am reading the Sorcerer's Stone currently.
  3.   Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury- when I was a child I loved the Disney film adaptation of this novel, starring Jason Robards and Johnathan Price. I was captivated by the tale, and never read the book. Since I am revisiting tales I loved as a child, I felt this would be an awesome choice for a Summer Read.
  4.   Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- this 1936 epic novel has never been a part of my reading. I have watched the movie many times in my life, but never had the desire to read the novel. Recently Audible had a sale where you could use one credit to pay for two books. I chose Gone with the Wind as one of my two (the other was a Sherlock Holmes collection). This forty dollar audio book was eight dollars, and to me that was a deal not to pass up. Of course now I need to clear forty nine hours of my life to read the tale. 
  5. The Kovac and Liska Mystery Series by Tami Hoag- this detective duo began their investigating in  1999's Ashes to Ashes, where they helped tracked down a serial killer with former FBI Agent, Kate Conlan. The latest mystery, Bitter Season, was released this year. In all there are six novels featuring Sam Kovac and Nikki Liska, including Cold Cold Heart. I just acquired the series at a thrift store, and I cannot wait to read them.

  I look forward to reading everyone's answers. Feel free to comment below if you have read any of my choices. 

 Because there is always time to read,
  Xepherus3   

 


At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II

Comments