Nostalgia Base: Coloring in the World a Page At a Time




Hello, Fellow Geeks, Nerds, and Children at Heart,

  What is a childhood? What is it about how we grew up that we retreat to in times of sadness and worry? For many of us it is the naive times of wonder where anything was possible, and we colored in the world to suit us like a coloring book.

  I understand that many of you reading this may have not had a childhood or a good childhood. But I do not pity you or say that I am sorry for this. I say that you have lived harder times, and this has made you a stronger person. I say that you saw things before you should have, and this has changed you forever. You may now live as an adult that is either cautious around others, or someone that is too serious at times. There is no problem with this. A cautious person is almost always successful, taking in situations slowly and methodically. And one who is too serious helps hold together those who cannot be brave. We are shaped by what we have learned, by who we have known, and what we have now. All too many times the world pities those who have not lived a “good” life. But all lives are valid. All lives are important. Never let anyone say that you have not lived a valid life because your childhood did not go as well as they believe it should have. We all have our strengths. If someone disparages others and forces upon them their belief of their worth, that makes them weak, not you.

  Having said this I encourage you to be silly, childish and to look at life in a way that you did as a child or had wished you had as a child. The oncoming renaissance of the Adult Coloring Book has taken the world by storm. Many see this as therapy to get us through the troubles that we may face in daily living. Others view this as preposterous and silly that an adult should take up crayons and color a book. But it is those nay-sayers that are missing out on the fun! Just recently many friends of mine have started creating beautiful artwork via coloring books. Even comic book publishers like DC Comics and Marvel Comics have introduced color-your-own comics and comic book covers. Book stores and online sellers have stocked their shelves with adult coloring books and mediums used to create the artwork. I recently purchased the latest DC Comics to feature coloring book covers, as well as a Marvel Comics Deadpool coloring comic. They are fun to do, and you can even photocopy them to color different ways. I have had a blast doing them. It relaxes me, and I feel accomplished when I create art. 

Vivid colors I chose for this page.

  I have left society’s dictations behind many years ago, and I am better for this. By living life the way I feel is best I grow to be a better person, because I believe in what I want to be, not what others believe I should be. I will collect toys. I will color in coloring books. I will read comics. I will watch cartoons. I do this because they make me happy and I harm no one by doing so. I am happier for this, and feel cleansed of the shaming that society is so famous for. What do you have to lose being happy? Nothing, I say!

  Whether you are looking to recapture your childhood or create the childhood you never had, be happy. Live life in the sunshine of happiness, not the darkness of conformity.

I laid down the base first, then went on to do the flowerettes.


Below are some links (click on the picture) to get you started on your path to coloring the world one page at a time.



  Because there is always time to read (and color),
   Xepherus3 

At Twitter at: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3

 At Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/XepherusStudios

At Goodreads at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

All written content, colored artwork, and logo (c) Copyright 2016 by Thomas Bahr II 


All book covers (c) by their respective publishers

Comments