What Would You Do?: DNF Reasons

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

    DNF or Did Not Finish. What would you do if a book is not engaging, stop reading? If so what are your reasons? Here are mine:


  1. Romance- I can take this in small doses. But when a love story interrupts the main narrative, it can be distracting. 
  2. The Main Protagonist Changing- I have seen this happen many times. The author feels they wish to take their characters and put them in new situations. But the issue with this is that the character may act completely out of character. That makes me feel that the previous books I have read were for nothing.
  3. A Sequel That is Worse Than the Original- When I get excited for the next book in a series, I expect it to be better than its predecessor. I have read sequel books in a series that have been horrible. I feel as if someone else wrote it, or the author was really going through some tough times in their personal life.  

   As you can see, I had to dig deep to find the reason why I may DNF a book. In the past ten years, I believe I stopped reading maybe five books.

 Let me know in the comments below what you are reading or why you may DNF a book.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments