Saturday Thrillers: What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand

 




Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   


  What Happens in Paradise is written by Elin Hilderbrand. It is published by Little Brown & Company, an imprint of Hatchet Book Group. In this thrilling story of mystery and romance, we return to the Virgin Islands.  Irene Steele continues to unravel the suspicious circumstances surrounding her husband, Russell's death. At the end of book one, all parties involved with Steele were contacted by the FBI. The Bureau was looking into Russell and his shady boss, Todd Croft. Irene and her family return to St. John, where they are confronted by lies, conspiracy, and possibly murder.

  Irene is still wrestling with her infatuation with Huck. Her sons, Baker and Cash are still pining for waitress, Ayers. But even though these storylines continue, Hilderbrand has managed to offer this mystery further a few shocking revelations. I enjoyed how this second novel peeled back the events that lead to Russell's fateful New Year's Eve helicopter ride. It was wonderful to return to this ensemble cast. After book one, I had reserved a place in my heart for them, and seeing their continuing story made book one all the more special to me.

  I read this novel in part with the narration of actress, Erin Bennett. She returns to these characters once again and her performance is excellent. She has a very even voice that delivers lines that can be sped up if needed. I particularly love her portrayal of Irene. It almost feels as if this story is being told to me by the character. I hope she reads book three.

  What Happens in Paradise was an excellent follow-up to the first novel. This installment was a solid 4 stars for me. It delivered excellent character development and thrilling surprises. And the ending left me wanting more. I highly recommend reading both books together. It will enhance your experience.

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments