Mid Year Top 5 Five-Star Reads

Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

  2020 has been slower reading year for me, but with many five-star books. I have recommended (and raved) about many authors and their works. This dictates that I should share a mid-2020 top 5 best list with my readers. 

  Follow me from now until December 30 as I add more five star reads and see what books are placing as the highly coveted Number 1 Book of 2020!

  Top 5 Five-Star Reads So Far (in alphabetical order with review links attached. Not all books were released in 2020. These are books that I read in 2020.)



1.    Cross Her Heart by Melinda Leigh- when homicide detective Bree Taggert is forced to solve the murder of her sister, she becomes embroiled in a murder steeped in rage. Did her own parents’ bloody ending happen again to her sister? This first book in a new series was exciting and filled with excellently flesh-out characters. I look forward to book two. The ending of this alone had me wanting more!

2.  Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid- sex, drugs, and rock n roll in the 70s is the basis for this documentary-style telling of the fictional band The Six and their electric lead, Daisy Jones. This was a re-read for me and it was better the second time around!

3.  My Best Friend’sExorcism by Grady Hendrix- this tongue-in-cheek look back at cheesy 80s horror was a blast from the beginning. When Gretchen Lang is possessed by a demon, her bestie, Abby, is to the rescue to save her friend’s soul. Part cheesy horror, part teen drama, this book was all kinds of crazy and it was a joy to read.

4.  The Outsider by Stephen King- when a beloved coach is accused of child murder, it takes the non-believers and the believers to solve this supernatural detective story. Bringing back Holly Gibney from King’s Mr. Mercedes series, this page-turner was terrifying at times. We are introduced to a faceless creature that preys on the innocent and no one is safe. This is one of King’s best!

5.   When I Was You by Minka Kent- when a woman is attacked outside of her work, she is left with PTSD and brain damage. What she believes may be false and she is finding it harder and harder to get a grasp on reality. Then a key arrives addressed to her to an apartment she never rented. And when she arrives at the apartment, a woman that looks exactly like her is living there. What is going on? Could she be hallucinating? Or has someone taken over her identity? This book is filled with twists and turns and the ending was a shocker.

And My Number One Read of 2020 so far is.... 

  

Have fun reading this Summer. Let me know in the comments below what you are reading this week.

 

     Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository.

 

  

2020 Reading Challenge (blank version)

 2020 Reading Challenge (my challenge)

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 

Xepherus3

 

 

At Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Xepherus3 

 At eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/xepherusstudios 

At Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11975160-xepherus3

  

At Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/xepherusstudios/

  

At RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/xepherus3

  

At Twitter: https://twitter.com/XepherusStudios

   

My Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/3J58FXCH0Y44F

 


All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2020 by Thomas Bahr II

 

Book cover is (c) Copyright by the publisher


Comments