New York Comic Con: Convention Do's

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,

   Next week I will be joining thousands of readers as I enter the den of Geekoid madness that is New York Comic Con.

   What does this have to do with books, you ask. Everything!

    Comic books were how I started reading. Each adventure, panel, and word gave me the momentum I needed to venture into literary bliss. And when I go to any convention, I have a list of do's that I swear by. To help you out with your Comic-Con journey, here are my golden rules for surviving a convention.

NYCC fun Photo (c) Xepherus Studios


Backpack essentials:

Sharpies (in case you need something signed and the signer's pen runs out of ink)

Post-It Notes (to show the person signing your item what to write and where to put their signature)

Deodorant (please, bring deodorant. Conventions are sweaty and crowded events that need freshening up every now and then)

Water Bottle (hydrate! A convention can be taxing on your body. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids)

Snacks and/or lunch (conventions are expensive to buy food at, pack some snacks and a lunch to minimize your spending)

Portable charger (this is essential if you want your phone to stay charged during your 8 hours at the con)

Extra shopping bags (bring reusable bags with you just in case you buy a large item or many items)

Earbuds or earplugs (this is great for people with sensory issues and keeps the din to a minimum)

Wardrobe: 

Comfort is king if you plan on walking miles around the Javits Center. Wear sneakers if you can and bring a light hoodie for early morning and at night. Also, some panel rooms can get chilly.

Attitude:

Pack kindness. Comic-Con is filled with people who love the same things you do. Be kind and say excuse me and thank you. This event can be exciting. Do not lose kindness while running to your exclusives or panels. 

  Have fun at NYCC and enjoy the love of reading!


   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.

If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. 




Or at Buy Me a Coffee 


      All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

Photo courtesy of Xepherus Studios


 

Comments