The Women of Suspense: Watching You by Lisa Jewell

 



Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons,


  Watching You is Lisa Lewell's twisty novel of revenge and betrayal. It is published by Atria Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. In it, we are introduced to Melville Heights, a beautiful housing community with homes owned by some of Bristol, England's more affluent residents. After marrying her husband and moving in with her brother and his wife, Josephine Mullen seems to be in a great place. But Josephine has her mind on someone else, her dashing older neighbor, Tom Fitzwilliam. Day by day her obsession with Tom intensifies, and she seems powerless to stop it. All she knows is that she would rather be with Tom than her husband.

  Down the road, teenager Jenna Tripp is dealing with her increasingly paranoid mother who believes that Tom Fitzwilliam is stalking her. Then murder rocks Melville Heights. Who hated the victim so much that they would stab to death someone that viciously? When you are being watched the truth is bound to come out. But are the residents of Melville Heights ready for the disturbing reality that has descended upon them?

  We discover a body at the beginning of the story, and for the remaining part of the book we are given clues as to who is lying murdered in their own home. The cast of characters was engrossing with expertly fleshed-out backstories that added more intrigue. As I read through Watching You I was excited to figure out who had been murdered and who could possibly have a motive. And Jewell did not disappoint when the motive was being served. With a story spanning from 1996 to the present day, we were given many nuggets of incentive for anyone in the cast to have committed the crime. The end result was a chilling reveal that left me stunned.

  I read Watching You in part with the audiobook narrated by actress, Gabrielle Glaister. I enjoyed her narration mainly due to the smooth and even way she read the narrative. She was easy to listen to and added depth to Jewell's words.

  Watching You was a four-star read for me. I enjoyed the mystery of not only who the killer was, but who their victim was, as well. The story was paced very well, and I enjoyed the cast of characters so much I hated to close the book at the end. As I begin to acquire more Lisa Jewell novels and continue my discovery of her works, I encourage you all to do the same. Lisa Jewell is a writer that never disappoints, and she gives her readers one hundred percent. 

   Let me know in the comments below what you are reading.

   If you wish to donate to my publishing fund at Venmo. All donations are appreciated.



      Also please follow me on my social media platforms and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and Mercari.

 

  SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS AT LINKTREE

 

 Because there is always time to read,

 Xepherus3

 All written content (c) Copyright 2023 by Thomas Bahr II

Top logo designed by Xepherus Studios

The book cover is Copyright by the publisher

 

Comments