In Memory- Carrie Fisher: How Do You Say Goodbye to a Friend That You Never Met?


Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!


  This past December Carrie Fisher left this world to be one with the Force. This news was personally devastating to me not only as a Star Wars fan, but as someone who has used Carrie's example of strength to further deal with my own bouts of depression. With every audio book I listened to with her narration, I felt that I was sitting down with an old friend.

  I was to meet Carrie at a New York Comic Con signing this past October. I was very excited, but unfortunately life played through and  I was unable to meet her while in New York.  As disappointing as this news was, I had figured that I would be able to see her again in 2017. Sadly I was wrong. But had I met her I would have told her that not only did her portrayal of Princess Leia enrich my childhood. But that her incredible candidness in her own personal life had shown me that I, too, could burst through depression and regain control of my life. As I sit down and begin to write my review of her last book, The Princess Diarist, I feel choked up with emotion and shed tears of sadness and fondness for a friend that I never met.  It has taken me five months to gather up enough courage to listen to Carrie read her last book. I knew that it will be an emotional ride that I would be glad to take.

 Carrie Fisher was a symbol of hope to those whose light had dimmed due to addiction and depression. And for that the world will always be grateful.

  Feel free to share your memories of Carrie Fisher in the comments below..

 
   Also please follow me on my social media platforms, and enjoy shopping with me at eBay and the Book Depository. I am also looking for contributions to open my business. Please visit my GoFundMe page if you wish to help me out.
 
  May the Force Be With You,
   Xepherus3 








All written content and top logo (c) Copyright 2017 by Thomas Bahr II


Photo of Carrie Fisher (C) Copyright by Disney-Lucasfilm

Comments